Monday, March 17, 2014

  My main issue with starting a blog is that blogging is essentially the assumption that anyone gives a sh*t what you have to say, and that's embarrassing to openly assume that people want to know what you think. I'm just a 25 year old, semi-humorous, stay-at-home-mom of two with too much time on my hands and a penchant for social media. I have always tried too hard to be gut-splitting hilarious, and the second someone humors me with a chuckle, I take things too far. And now look at me, I'm writing a blog! I looked online "how to start a blog", and from what I read, you are to write about your passions, provide entertainment and perhaps, sometimes even advice. For the most part my passion is being a mother, but it is neither entertaining nor do I have advice for you. Scrubbing the floor and changing diapers isn't exactly an edge-of-your-seat, nail biting topic, and as far as advice goes, I hardly know what I am doing. So, it would seem that I will be documenting the mundane and taking poetic licenses for entertainment purposes only.
    I have been accused of using extreme hyperbole in my story telling, which isn't a fair accusation at all. When your two year old arbitrarily uses ravioli covered in meat sauce for target practice against the white kitchen wall, maybe it wasn't LITERALLY 5 gallons worth of sauce splattered all over the floors, walls and kitchen window, but since I am the one cleaning it up, it certainly feels that way. And since I prefer creative writing, to the more rigid form of journalism, I will be writing about how I FEEL, and certain factual details may or may not be forgotten and/or exaggerated. For example, when I refer to my kids as "heathens", I don't mean it derogatorily. I just mean to say they annoy me incessantly even though I love them so much I would carve out my own heart for them. (Hyperbole...I can't even use Vi-sine in my eyeballs, much less cut my beating heart out.) 
    I have a lot more to learn as far as blogging goes, and we are all going to have to accept the fact that I've been given a free forum to spout off my opinions. I now have a proverbial soap box, and as long as my kids take daily naps, I will be using it from now on. I have read this over so many times looking for grammar errors, that I am starting to sweat, I don't know at all if I have used the correct MLA format, (is that still a thing?), and I may have gotten slightly redundant here and there, but for a rook, I gotta say, it ain't bad. Until next time? My kids are both awake now and demanding I pay attention to them by screaming bloody murder. (Not hyperbole, although how fitting my piece ends with a quip about the children rising from their nap....)
       
       

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I may be corny, but I am super excited to have the opportunity to read your opinions, rants, and jokes because they always humor me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to read your blog! :)
    -Christina

    ReplyDelete